We left off on a discussion of how important kitchens are in your overall remodeling strategy. If you’re looking for the next most important area of your home to focus on, you should turn your attention to your bathrooms.
Bathroom Upgrades – One of The Best Home Improvements
Bathrooms are a huge selling point for many potential buyers in Northern Virginia. However, just like with kitchens, you don’t have to go overboard on buying expensive upgrades to help your bathrooms make a good impression on buyers.
- If your current bathroom is stuck in a previous decade, you can replace everything from the flooring to the vanity, sink, fixtures, tub, and toilet for an average of $10,000 to $12,000. But focusing on some key items instead of overhauling the whole bathroom can save you thousands and give you a big return on your investment.
- If your bathtub has seen better days, look into having it re-glazed instead of replaced. This rarely costs more than $500 and will make a huge difference to potential buyers. Depending on the price point of your home, this could be one of the best home improvements you could make in terms of saving you money.
- A nice vanity is important in a bathroom, and you can find many great looking vanities at home improvement stores for $500 or less. But another option is simply painting your existing vanity and replacing the hardware.
- Paint is always the cheapest way of making any room look great, which makes it one of the best home improvements for increasing ROI. It goes a long way towards making the bathroom look new.
- Since most bathrooms are not very large, replacing vinyl or other outdated flooring with tile or wood is not a huge expense, yet is one of the first things buyers in Northern Virginia notice after the vanity.
- By strategically choosing a few key bathroom upgrades and avoiding a complete bathroom gutting and overhaul, you can make your home appear a lot more updated to buyers.