A home buying agent is often called a buyer agent or “selling agent”. This agent’s job is to represent their buyer client’s best interests in their home purchase.
What Does a Great Home Buying Agent Do?
Here are some of the most important functions of a great home buying agent:
- Helping you find the right property by understanding your search criteria and doing in-depth property research to provide you with the best home options currently available.
- Writing a home purchase contract that fully protects you through every phase of the transaction, including every contract contingency that you need.
- Negotiating aggressively on your behalf to get you the best deal possible on your home.
- Helping you understand the home inspection process and what happens in inspection negotiations with the seller.
- Handling your inspection negotiations in a way that maximizes the chances of the seller addressing as many of your concerns as possible.
Looking for a home buying agent who knows this area very well? I grew up in Falls Church City, so I’m very familiar with Northern Virginia’s various communities. Email me at DarrenRobertsonHomes@gmail.com so I can help you with your research!
- Helping you understand the appraisal process.
- Explaining condo and HOA resale certificates.
- Coordinating every detail from contract to close, such as transfer of utilities, property walk-throughs, etc.
- Keeping your mortgage lender accountable with regard to financing deadlines in the contract.
- Coordinating with your mortgage lender and title company to arrange for a smooth closing.
Did You Know a Buyer Agent’s Services Are Free?
It’s completely free to work with a home buying agent in Northern Virginia. The seller of a professionally listed property pays all of the real estate commissions, including both the listing agent’s commission and the buyer agent’s commission.
Are you looking for a great home buying agent in Northern Virginia? I sell a lot of properties and am very familiar with this area. Call me at 703-462-0700 or email me at DarrenRobertsonHomes@gmail.com so I can go to work for you and help you find the right property!